What’s going on with your leg? You don’t want to ignore that pain, or you could end up with more severe health problems. Find out some of the most alarming signs that indicate you should be seen as soon as possible. You can consult Dr. Dennis Resetarits in Camillus if you notice any of the following symptoms.
Some signs that you should consider are:
- Lump or swelling- If you notice sudden pain or a lump or swelling in your lower leg, you should get yourself checked out. This could indicate a severe condition such as phlebitis, common among people who work on their feet throughout the day.
- Redness- If you notice redness in your leg, it could be either due to an infection or a cut, but if the redness also blisters, that’s cause for alarm. The skin is fragile and can easily be damaged by infections or chemicals, which can create large open wounds known as cellulitis, which are extremely painful.
- Stiffness- If you notice your leg is stiff, it can be due to a condition known as gout. This is a condition caused by the body producing too much uric acid, which builds up in the joints and causes painful inflammation.
- Swelling around the ankle- This is a sign that could indicate that you have a blood clot, also known as deep vein thrombosis (DVT). However, it is essential to seek immediate medical attention if the swelling does not go away in a few days.
- Pain in the knee- If you notice pain in your knee when walking, standing, or simply when you bend it, then it could be due to iliotibial band syndrome. This is a common problem and is often caused by tight muscles and poor form of the knee joint, which results in inflammation of the muscle and ligaments.
- Degenerative joint disease of the hip- If you notice pain or discomfort when bending your leg, this could be due to hip degeneration. The elderly may become increasingly vulnerable to this condition, but everyone can suffer from hip degeneration that might cause stiffness and pain in the hip joint itself. If you’re suffering from this condition, seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
In case you ever notice any of the following symptoms, do not hesitate to see your doctor as soon as possible. In many cases, these given conditions can be easily treated and managed. Still, if ignored, they can worsen into a chronic disease that may require surgery or even leave you with permanent damage or disability.
I am Daisy Bell and a pro-level blogger with years of experience in writing for multiple industries. I have extensive knowledge of Food, Fitness, Healthcare, business, fashion, and many other popular niches. I have post graduated in arts and have keen interest in traveling.