Dog ear cleaners are solutions that contain antifungal, anti-bacterial, or anti-inflammatory properties. They’re commonly found in liquid form, but sometimes, they come in a prescription cream or foam. Dog cleaners are essential in removing ear wax and debris. The dog ear cleaners can also be used to treat or prevent infections.
When to Use Dog Ear Cleaners
it is advisable not to use dog cleaners more often unless your dog is liable to dreadful ear infections or other ear problems. Cleaners won’t do much if your dog already has an existing infection. However, the cleaners can help prevent infections or buildup of wax. Yet, you still need to keep your dog healthy and regularly check their ears to help prevent ear problems. According to the Veterinary Centers of America, overuse of ear cleaners can irritate a dog’s ear canal, which could itself result in an infection. How frequently you use cleaners depends on your dog’s breed.
Examples of The Best Dog Ear Cleaners to Use
It would be best to consider the function of the dog cleaner you want it to serve when choosing the right cleaner. You have to consider whether you want one for preventing bacterial infections or want one that’s good for cleaning out ear wax.
- Botanical Natural Ear Cleaner- it is the best eco-friendly product made without sulfates or alcohols. It’s best for dogs who are prone to detergents or with sensitive skin.
- Nutri-vet Ear Cleanse for Dogs- contains effective formulas used in treating dirt buildup and wax. It can also stop itching caused by fungal infections, eczema, and insect bites.
- Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Ear Cleanser- helps in routine cleaning for sensitive ears, removes excess wax and debris, relieves chronic ear inflammation, and prevents microbial growth.
- Zymox Otic Pet Ear Treatment with Hydrocortisone- relieves itching and inflammation, treats fungal. Bacterial and yeast infections. It also contains a proprietary blend of an enzyme that helps in naturally cleaning and disinfecting ear canals.
- VetWELL Dog and Cat Ear Cleaner: It’s useful in relieving yeast infections to mites and cleaning ears. VetWELL Dog and Cat Ear Cleaner can be used for daily cleaning because it’s gentle.
Application of Dog Ear Cleaner
Whether you’re treating a yeast infection, excess ear wax, or trying to prevent future bacterial infections, cleaning a dog’s ear will be the same process. Once you find the right solution, some dogs may even come to enjoy an ear cleaning. Therefore, be patient and as gentle as possible while cleaning a dog’s ear.
How to Use Dog Ear Cleaner Without Upsetting a Dog
The most crucial thing to consider when using the dog ear cleaner to clean a dog’s ear is to ensure that it is comfortable with the entire process. You must start by touching their ears gently and stroking them to gauge your dog’s reaction. However, don’t force it if they don’t like their ears touched. Cleaning a dog’s ear if they’re struggling or stressed could upset your dog, and you could also get hurt. In this case, you need to take them to the vet instead.
Everyone wants what’s best for their dogs because they’re part of the family. Therefore, we need to take extra care when choosing the best dog ear cleaner to use.