One of the most high-pressure situations in a marriage is actually one that happens before that. It is when the man proposes to his love and asks for her hand in marriage. The most crucial part of this entire situation is the ring that he puts on her finger. It is something that she will always look back on as a sign of their marriage and remember these special moments. The man goes through tremendous amount of pressure while selecting the perfect ring for his soulmate because of the amount of significance it holds.
There are numerous ways in which one can choose the perfect engagement ring for your soulmate, but we have listed down a few things that will hopefully help you in making this all-important decision.
- Set a budget for yourself before you start out – one of the most important things to do when you embark on this all-important journey of buying a ring for your soulmate, set out a budget for yourself. This will provide the direction when you go out looking for the perfect ring. There is no thumb rule to this as the spending power of everyone differs and how much they want to spend on the ring will also differ. Hence, ensure that you set a budget that you are comfortable with and one that is feasible to you when you are looking for a diamond ring for ladies.
- Choose the diamond – once you have your budget in place, then the next important thing to do is to choose the diamond you want to invest in. There are 4Cs that are followed during this purchase decision, which are; colour, cut, clarity and carat weight. The different components of each of these elements will help you decide on the diamond that will fit in your budget. It is important to ask for different solitaire rings with price and if it fits your budget or not before setting your eyes on it.
- Select the setting of the ring – one of the most crucial anatomy of a diamond ring is the way it has been set whether in platinum or gold. There are certain diamond settings that work best with certain diamond shapes. However, it is a personal choice at the end of the day so make sure you choose one that you like.
- Choose a precious metal – the two most sought after metals for wedding and engagement rings are gold and platinum. Whichever you choose, is purely a personal decision as different people like different things. The most common and obvious difference between the two is the colour. However, if durability as a factor holds high importance for you, then it is best to go with platinum as your metal of choice.
- Find the right size – it is important to get the size right from the moment you decide to slip it on her fingers! Getting the size right is so important because it really shows how much you know each other and all the thought and care that you have put behind this, comes down to that one moment when you make her wear the ring.
Now that you have a fair idea on how to select the perfect engagement ring, for your soulmate, ensure that you keep these in mind when it is your time to put a ring on her. And if your chance has already passed or is not coming any time soon in the near future, then pass on these helpful tips to your friends. They and their wives will always thank you!