Maintaining a healthy body weight is very important. However, many people suffer either from being overweight or underweight. There is no specific ideal body weight. Every person is different and so is his/her ideal body weight. Factors like age, height, sex, muscle ratio, and bone density play an important role in setting a perfect body weight.
The basic method of reducing weight is burning calories. However, in some cases, you may require help from a doctor to guide you. Dr. Raj Kandavanam, MD, at Lake Family Medicine & Imaging located in Sanford, Florida, offers personalized weight loss plans and guides you to reach your ideal body weight. Dr. Kandavanam and his team provide preliminary care services for health issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. They are one of the best Sanford weight loss centers.
Having a slim body does not mean you have a perfect and healthy body weight. You can be slim yet unhealthy and inactive. Therefore, even if you are lean, you still need to eat healthily and exercise daily to maintain a healthy body. You can calculate the ideal weight of your body by using BMI (Body Mass Index). To calculate the BMI of your body, you need to divide the weight (in kilogram) by the height (in square meters). A healthy diet weight is always beneficial as it assures a healthy future.
Health Risks Involved in Carrying Extra Weight
You may face some serious health issues if you are suffering from being overweight or obese. Such as:
- Type 2 diabetes.
- High blood pressure.
- Heart disease due to high cholesterol.
- Kidney disease.
- Certain cancers.
- Reproductive problems in women.
Benefits of Maintaining a Healthy Body Weight
- Lowers the risk of stroke.
- Your heart becomes much healthier due to the decreased level of cholesterol.
- Improved sleep quality.
- More energy.
- Reduces the risk of infertility.
- Reduces the risk of certain cancer.
- Prevents the risk of gallbladder disease.
- Boosts self-esteem.
- Lower risk of anemia.
Tips to Maintain a Healthy Body Weight:
- Reduce spending more time watching television, mobile phone, or any other gadgets.
- Avoid eating sweets and sugar.
- Burn calories every day by performing certain exercises.
- Restrict the consumption of alcohol.
- Consult a dietician and follow the advised prescription.
- Develop healthy food habits such as fruits, green vegetables, etc.
You can achieve the ideal body type without starving yourself. If you are in Sanford, Florida, or anywhere near and want to lose weight, then you can contact Lake Family Medicine & Imaging and book an appointment now.