People seek plastic or reconstructive surgery due to several reasons. Some people suffer from birth disfigurements which include birthmarks, cleft palates, and congenital facial deformities. Other conditions are due to accidents, burns, or diseases. Some patients want to undergo reconstruction due to the aging, shape, or size of the facial features that they want to change. Surprise facial plastic surgeon at Oasis Ear, Nose, and Throat is trained and experienced in treating various conditions.
Facial plastic surgery is essential since your facial expressions allow you to interact and communicate with other people confidently. Your appearance plays a significant impact on how other people perceive you. The team of specialists at Oasis Ear, Nose, and Throat give a personalized treatment to make sure they restore your natural look and improve your confidence. Do not allow your looks to lower your confidence and self-esteem, whereas there is a solution for you. Book a consultation by calling the office or through an online platform and discuss with the surgeon.
Why Should I Consider Facial Plastic Surgery?
Facial plastic surgery is divided into two categories: reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. An otolaryngologist performs the surgery.
Reconstructive plastic surgery is usually for persons with natural conditions that originate from birth, such as birthmarks on the face, cleft lip, palate, protruding ears, and a crooked smile, affecting the normal functioning of the face. Other conditions requiring reconstructive plastic surgery are injuries from accidents, trauma, burns, or previous surgery.
Cosmetic facial plastic surgery usually improves the appearance of facial structures and features. Some of the procedures that use cosmetic surgery include facelifts, rhinoplasty, eye lifts, chin and cheek implants, liposuction, and procedures to correct facial wrinkles.
What Are the Types of Treatment?
Facial procedures are divided into non-surgical and surgical procedures.
Non-surgical procedures and techniques consist of:
- Chemical peels.
- Sculptra and other fillers that improve the appearance of the face.
Surgical facial plastic treatments include:
- Rhinoplasty is a surgery of the nose.
- Facial Implants Surgery defines the structure of the face.
- Otoplasty Surgery corrects protruding ears.
- Skin Surface Procedures is a surgery that improves the smoothness of the skin.
- Facial Reconstruction Surgery helps reconstruct defects in facial skin from prior surgery, injury, or disease, or birthmarks.
- Blepharoplasty Surgery improves the function of the eyes.
- Brow Lift Surgery improves forehead, wrinkles, and eyebrows.
- Rhytidectomy is a Surgery that aims at tightening the face and neck skin to remove excess wrinkles.
- Liposuction Surgery is done to remove excess fat under the chin and the neck.
Preparation for a Facial Plastic Surgery
It is good to know the expectations from the surgery to stay at ease before and during the procedure. Knowing the side effects to expect during the procedure, such as nausea, numbness, bleeding, blood clots, infection, and adverse reactions to the anesthesia will keep you prepared for anything.
What Questions Should I Ask the surgeon?
- Are there alternatives? What if I do nothing?
- What do I need to prepare?
- How long will the procedure take?
- What medications should I avoid before surgery?
- How long before I resume my normal state?
- How many times will the procedures be performed?
There is no need for you to lose confidence due to your facial appearance. Seek reconstructive and cosmetic facial plastic surgeries to make you look young and appearing. Book a consultation today by calling or through the online platform.