Approximately one in eight homes in the US have a programmed thermostat to control their home’s temperature. More too often, you walk into your house only to find it too hot or too cold.
By installing a Robertshaw thermostat, you get to control your home’s temperature and climate to enhance the comfort of your home anytime and anywhere.
Different types of thermostats offer a wide array of features to provide you with comfortable living options and save you on energy consumption. If you are asking yourself why you should consider investing in a thermostat, here are ten reasons why:
One of the most considerable advantages thermostats offer is the ability to save on costs. Programmable thermostats help home users adjust the temperature of the home according to their needs.
By raising or lowering your home’s temperature in hot summers or cold winters, you get to save up on the utility bill. It also schedules your HVAC to run less when you are not in the house and reduces consumption when inside. You achieve this by creating a schedule that follows your family’s routine,
- Allows for a Consistent Temperature
A programmable thermostat can allow a constant flow of temperature throughout the home. By adjusting your thermostat at a continuous level to follow your given schedule, you prevent the possibility of having hot or cold spots in various parts of the house.
How cool is it to get to check the temperature of your home when you are away? With a thermostat, you get to control the temperature of your home remotely.
You may want to confirm if the heat has been left on while you were away or turn it on before returning home. In each case, a smart thermostat will work best for you.
Based on your thermostat model, you can receive notifications in case of temperature changes within your home. You get an instant message when temperatures in your home go beyond their normal range.
- Automatic Temperature Adjustments
It is easy to forget to adjust your home temperatures during the day or night. Having a thermostat cuts your energy consumption to keep your home warm in the cold days and cool in the hot summers.
For busy people, installing a smart thermostat can automatically adjust your home temperature as you come and go. It does this by mastering your daily schedule and lifestyle preferences.
- Visibility and Control of Energy Costs
Smart thermostat brands can give you reports on your usage. Through this, you get to track and analyze your usage to adjust the usage behavior to save on energy accordingly. You will also have the chance to save on money in the long run.
- Economically and Environmentally Friendly
Thermostats are easy to use, efficient and cost-effective. Since the settings encourage energy-saving in homes, you play a role in saving more energy and conserving the environment in the long run.
- Thermostats are Easy to Install
The thermostats are easy to install as long as you install them according to the manufacturer’s instructions and connect the wires accordingly.
After This, you get to enjoy cool summers and stay warm in the winter without spending a fortune on temperature costs.
- Lock Temperature Settings
Some programmable thermostats have a lock feature to allow you to lock your settings. Lock settings prevent someone else from raising or lowering the temperature to extreme levels and increase energy costs.
- Increases Your Home’s Efficiency
A programmable thermostat automatically enhances your home’s efficiency in all seasons. By an efficient home, we talk of proper resource utilization, better system, and appliance preservation.
How to Choose a The Right Thermostat
Since a thermostat plays a huge role in regulating your home’s temperature, you must get the right thermostat to ensure you live in a comfortable environment. Here are some tips to help you purchase the correct thermostat for your home.
- Decide Which Thermostat is Compatible With Your HVAC
The first step in choosing the right thermostat for your home is identifying the heating/ cooling system you have in your home. The system has to be compatible with the thermostat.
The most common types of heating systems include central heating and AC systems. Contact an HVAC specialist to help you identify the type of system in your home that will help you make a better decision.
There are different types of thermostats to choose from. Your choice will depend on:
- The type of heating and cooling system in your home
- Your budget
- Your desired level of interaction
Here are the different types of thermostats:
- Programmable: Programmable thermostats are fit for modern heating and cooling systems. The benefit of programmable thermostats is their ability to adjust the temperature automatically throughout the day.
- Manual: Manual thermostat systems are easy to operate. To handle the temperatures, you have to dial the codes manually as they don’t have an LCD.
- Digital: These thermostats are similar to the manual types in that they need to be adjusted manually. However, they have added a digital display feature that allows users to keep track of the temperatures.
- Remote energy management: A remote thermostat gives you the option of programming and monitoring your heating system from a tablet, smartphone, or computer. However, you will need a Wi-fi connection to allow you to access from anywhere easily.
If you have found a thermostat compatible with your heating system, install it and replace it with the old one. Make sure to place your thermostat indoors to get an accurate reading.
If you are using manual and digital thermostats, you will have to adjust the temperatures manually. To save more energy, turn off the thermostat as you leave in the morning. Set the required temperatures as per the number of people in the house.
With the correct information, you can purchase the proper thermostat to meet your needs.