Your teeth play an essential role in the aesthetic and functionality of your body. Certain factors like tooth discoloration may make you self-conscious every time you are around people, affecting your social life. However, with modern dentistry, your specialists at SPA Dental Group offer various conservative options for tooth repair, including dental veneers to treat multiple teeth imperfections. You can visit Dr. Maham Siddiqui to get treatment for your dental problems and improve your smile.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are thin shells used to cover your tooth’s surface. Dental veneers can be made using porcelain or composite resin material. This tooth covering is used for various dental imperfections, which include:
- Misalignment in your teeth
- A broken tooth
- Worn-down teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Gaps or spaces between your teeth
Before getting veneers, you will visit your dentist for an evaluation to determine if the dental coverage is the right option for you. Your doctor will:
- Examine your teeth for tooth decay or cavities. If your teeth are decayed, you will need to get treatment before installing veneers.
- Check the condition of your gums. Unhealthy gums may affect the process of installing veneers.
If your teeth and gums are healthy, you will schedule a second appointment where your doctor will:
- Remove a small amount of enamel from your tooth’s surface to create room for veneers. Tooth preparation is vital to retain the thickness and length of the repaired tooth equal to your natural teeth.
- Make a mold of your teeth and send the impression to the lab to fabricate your dental veneers. Your dentist may send you home with temporary veneers as you wait for your permanent veneers.
Preparation of permanent veneers may take seven to 10 days.
The installation process for dental veneers
There are a few steps used during the process. Your doctor will:
- Create a rough surface on your tooth to offer grip, which facilitates the veneer to stick on your tooth.
- Place the covering on your tooth to check for fit and may make adjustments if needed.
- Apply dental cement or adhesive on your tooth’s surface.
- Gently place the dental veneer to perfectly cover your entire tooth.
- Bind the veneer using a beam of light to harden dental cement.
- Polish the surface and edges of your tooth.
Post care for dental veneers
After getting veneers installed, your dentist will give you care guidelines that will help maintain your teeth. For example:
- Avoid chewing hard foods such as candy because extreme force may cause your veneers to chip or break.
- Floss your teeth every time after eating.
- Brush using fluoride toothpaste and a brush with soft bristles.
- Wear a nightguard, especially if you clench and grind your teeth to prevent your veneers from wearing off.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year for a check-up.
You do not have to hide every time you smile. Reserve a session with your dentist at SPA Dental Group to install veneers and improve your oral health.
Hemant Kumar is a project manager at Tridindia with more than nine years of commendable experience in writing about LMS, translation, and IT. His unmatched talent and passion for digital marketing gave him the opportunity to work as a multi-tasking project manager at TridIndia’s sister company, Link Building Corp. Today, he contributes to the world by imparting knowledge on SEO, link building and internet marketing etc., that helps business owners grow their online business.