When you have missing or damaged teeth, and you would like to replace them, you have many options. Among these options are dental implants; they are the best for teeth replacement. Specialists mainly prefer dental implants because they are used when you’re only missing one tooth, and even several or all of them. They can also serve the purpose which other types of implants cannot. If you need tooth replacement, Yonkers dental implants specialists at Yonkers Dental Arts can customize permanent dental restorations for your missing tooth.
Who is an appropriate candidate for dental implants?
Dental implants require surgery, and may you may not be an appropriate candidate. Before undergoing the process, your doctor will check whether you are the right candidate. Your doctor will consider the following to approve you for dental implants:
- If you are a smoker, your doctor may need you to stop smoking because this can predispose you to risks such as dental implant failure.
- Your gums should be healthy; you should not have any gum infections. In case your gums are infected, your doctor may recommend treatment before you get dental implants.
- You should be in good general health.
- You are not the appropriate candidate if you recently underwent radiation therapy of the face and neck.
- If you depend on any medications such as blood thinners, it can increase risk during surgery. Your doctor may need to know the medications you use to give you appropriate recommendations.
- If you are pregnant, your doctor may tell you to wait until you give birth.
- Your doctor may also tell you to go for bone grafting if you have low bone density.
- Dental implants are not appropriate for young people whose jaws are still developing.
What time should I consider dental implants?
If you have missing teeth, you should consider replacing them to avoid bone disintegration. If you also leave it unattended, your teeth may begin to shift. You should consider dental implants when:
You have severe dental decay that dental fillings cannot correct.
If you can no longer wear dentures
You are experiencing jaw bone deterioration that is causing your face to appear sunken.
When you lose all your teeth
When you experience dental trauma
Why should I get dental implants?
When you have missing teeth, it can make you look unattractive and reduce your self-confidence. It will affect how you eat and speak. When you cannot eat properly, your nutrition may be affected, thus influencing your general health. Also, not being able to speak correctly can affect your social life and work. Teeth play an essential role in our bodies, such as giving shape to the jawline and face. If you do not have teeth to support your jawbone, it will lose mass and eventually impact your health and appearance. Dental implants are appropriate options for replacing teeth because you will not feel any discomfort or sliding. During the process, your surrounding teeth will not be affected, and it allows easy maintenance and oral hygiene. If you want to replace your missing teeth and restore your smile, book an appointment with your specialist at Yonkers Dental Arts.