Your smile is the prettiest thing you can wear and show off to the whole world. Unfortunately, a dental abnormality may force you to hide it, prompting you to cover your mouth when you want to laugh or even smile. Dr. Louis B. Conte specializes in various dental services for smile restoration, the team at Conte Dentistry is committed to restoring your smile and confidence.
What Services Does This Expert Dental Team Offer?
A crooked, discolored, or misshapen tooth will likely affect your self-esteem and will prevent you from showing off that beautiful smile for fear of people staring at you. Therefore, cosmetic dentistry can enhance your smile’s appearance. Apart from the looks, this dental procedure will realign your teeth and restore your bite.
Your doctor will recommend various treatment options to restore your smile. These procedures include:
- Teeth whitening. In this procedure, your dentist will bleach your stained teeth to whiten or give them a brighter shade than they were initially.
- Dental implants. These are indistinguishable titanium posts your doctor will bond to your jaw to replace a single or several missing teeth.
- Dental veneers. Veneers are wafer-thin, stain-resistant porcelain shells your dentist will recommend when you have damaged enamel, crooked teeth, or gapped teeth.
- Composite bonding. Your dentist will use unique material to correct decayed, chipped, or cracked teeth during this cosmetic dentistry procedure and give them a healthy impression.
- Inlays and Onlays. Your dentist will likely use inlays and Onlays when you have mild or moderate tooth decay, and you do not have enough structure for a filling.
Have you ever suffered from an interrupted sleep at night? It could be sleep apnea. This chronic sleep disorder causes you to experience frequent breathing pauses and interruptions during sleep. If you fail to contact a professional for assistance, sleep apnea will prevent your brain and body from receiving enough oxygen.
This disorder can either be obstructive or central, depending on your symptom’s severity.
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), the most common form, is caused by an airway blockage. In OSA, the soft tissue found at the back of your throat collapses during sleep.
- Central sleep apnea is not characterized by a blocked airway. Instead, your brain fails to condition your muscles to breathe.
If your goal is to maintain a healthy dental structure throughout your life, you should contact your dentist for preventive dentistry services. However, keeping your teeth healthy is not enough. You will need to contact your doctor for regular check-ups and embrace habits like frequently brushing or flossing.
Embracing dental habits will minimize your chances of developing several dental problems like gingivitis. Apart from routine checks at the dentist’s office, and the standard services in cosmetic dentistry, the specialist will also advise you on enhancing your oral health at home.
Your smile is your selling point and you should always make sure it radiates. Do not let a missing, crooked, or stained tooth prevent you from giving the world an impression of your smile. Schedule a dental appointment or call the professionals today for all your inquiries.