The SSC GD is a recruitment exam which is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for recruiting Constables (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), National Investigation Agency (NIA) & Secretariat Security Force (SSF) and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR). Preparation for the SSC GD Constable Exam can be done easily if you are following the proper procedure and right strategy. Clearing the SSC GD exam becomes easier if you cover all the topics that are related to the SSC GD syllabus.
Listed below are a few strategies that can help you to score well in your SSC GD exam:
- Analyse the syllabus: As an SSC GD aspirant, you should analyse the complete syllabus and select useful books and study materials that help you to cover all the topics across the different sections of the GD exam.
- Prepare a tight schedule: Drawing up a personalised study plan and following a timetable can greatly help to be at the top of your preparation. In addition, you must also identify the topics which are consuming more time and prepare accordingly.
- Understand every topic in detail: As you progress with your study plan, you come to understand the different topics under each section of the SSC GD syllabus. Gaining a good understanding of each of the topics is essential to score well in a particular section.
- Analyse your strengths and weaknesses: By analysing your strengths and weaknesses, you’re easily able to capture the sections or topics which need more attention from your end. Keep track of your plus and minus points so that you can focus on those weak areas and make the necessary improvements wherever required.
- Practice a lot of sample questions: By practising more and more sample questions, you become confident and are in a better position to take the SSC GD exam in a convincing manner. Ensure that you practice more so that you know what kind of questions you’re likely to expect in the main examination.
- Take mock tests: It is advisable to take occasional mock tests to gauge the status of your preparation and get a feel of the real test. Further, this also helps you to identify how much time you are devoting to each question and how you can allocate your time equally for all the questions.
- Ensuring physical and medical fitness: Apart from setting out time to studying as per the latest SSC GD syllabus, there are other factors that you need to consider while preparing for the GD exam. There are a few more tests that follow the Computer Based Examination (CBE) like Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). A candidate who clears the CBE has to take one test after another to prove his/ her physical and medical fitness to make it to the final list of shortlisted candidates.
Are you preparing for the SSC GD exam? You may want to check out BYJU’S: The Learning App for more details on the SSC exams. Download the App for more useful content that helps you to crack the GD exam in the first attempt. From an educational marketing perspective, it’s intuitive and user friendly enough to guide you from initial questions, right through to successful exam completion.