Knee pain is a condition that many people complain about. Knee pain can be caused by many things like medical conditions and physical injuries. There are various ways you can treat and manage knee pain. The method of treatment depends on how your knee is affected or injured. Bayonne knee pain is a health care center that diagnoses, treats, and manages any condition of the knee. Below are symptoms associated with knee pain.
Signs and symptoms of knee pain
There are many signs and symptoms of knee pain. The main symptoms include:
- Swelling around the knee
- Pain when you stretch your foot
- Weakness during working out
- Difficulties to straighten your leg etc.
Below are the causes of knee pain.
The main cause of knee pain
- Anterior cruciate ligaments injury. Your knee consists of ligaments that connect the shinbone and thighbone. When you encounter anterior cruciate ligament injuries, these ligaments get torn, thus being challenging to move your knee. This injury happens to basketball players due to how they rotate suddenly.
- Patellar tendinitis. Tendinitis is the irritating and inflammation of more tendons. Tendons are fibrous tissue that attaches muscles to bone. When you perform activities like running, skating, and jumping, tendons in your knee get inflamed. You are likely to suffer from knee pain any time you move your knee.
- Fractures. Fractures occur when you are involved in an accident. A fractured kneecap causes severe knee pain any time you move your leg.
- Dislocation. The knee consists of a joint bone that joins the upper leg (thigh) and the lower leg. When your knee encounters an accident, this joint may dislocate, causing stress to tissues and nerves. Once your knee dislocates, it becomes difficult to move your whole leg at any cost.
- Infected knee. There are some diseases that may affect your knee. There are over 100 types of arthritis that affect the knee. Some of them are gout, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. For instance, rheumatoid arthritis affects every joint in your body.
After experiencing a knee injury or an infection, it is essential to consult the doctor for examination and treatment. A mild knee injury can develop into a severe complication if left untreated. Below are some treatment methods your doctor can use.
How is knee pain treated and managed
- Medication. The most used drugs are non-steroidal anti-inflammatories used to treat arthritis. However, pain killers can be offered to relieve pain which you may feel during knee examination. Other medications are prescribed to repair the infected tendons, nerves, and tissues.
- Platelet-rich plasma. This is a modern technology used to regenerate the affected tissues. A platelet-rich plasma solution is extracted from your body and injected into your knee for treatment. However, this technique is not suitable for people with other health complications.
Men, women, and children can experience knee pain in different ways. However, some mild knee pain may develop to severity if not treated during its early stage. Orange Orthopaedic Associates offers the best treatment and management of knee pain. Consult Orange Orthopaedic Associates today for treatment.