Lower back pain or lumbar backache can be excruciating so much that it interferes with your daily activities like work or taking care of the family. You may feel a burning sensation when bending, walking, or lifting heavy items from the ground. Most people will live with this discomfort without seeking medical intervention until the symptoms get worse. If you are battling lower back pain in Friendswood, you can speak to a qualified professional at the Forever Well Chiropractic Whole Body Wellness Center. Watch out for the following developments:
- The dull pain does not subside within a few weeks, even after resting
- You start feeling debilitating pain below the knee no matter if you are resting or not.
3. Muscle spasms in the nape of the neck
- The numbness and sciatica will not go away and occurs more often
- Have you lost weight without meaning to do so?
What are the risk factors for developing back pain?
The World Health Organization says the lower back pain incidence rate in industrialized countries stands at sixty to seventy percent, which is incredible to fathom. Furthermore, the Health Policy Institute at Georgetown University surmises that 65 million Americans have experienced back pain recently. Sixteen million of them report suffering from chronic back pain, which inhibits their daily activities in one way or another. Below are the risk factors to watch out for:
- Being overweight heightens the risk of lower back pain. The CDC tracks obesity in America, and results indicate that African-Americans are at a higher disadvantage for being overweight.
- If you are above 30, you can expect more back pain as the disks on your spine experience wear and tear. A weakened disk can leave your back feeling stiff, and pain ensues.
- How is your overall health? People with weak abdominal muscles often strain when bending or picking up items. Similarly, lifestyle habits including smoking, lack of exercise and drinking increase your chance of back pain.
- Mental health disorders like depression and anxiety can manifest in many ways. For instance, physical symptoms like persistent back pain are not uncommon.
- Scoliosis affects your bones, and when the problem is not addressed fully, you could develop structural issues like a stoop which can trigger back pain. Osteoarthritis, particularly in the spine, is another medical condition that increases your chance of back pain.
- What is your occupation? People who continually operate heavy equipment or spend their waking hours lifting heavy loads experience more back pain than workers at desk jobs.
- Improper lifting of heavy loads, such as rearranging furniture around the home, can trigger back pain. Your spine could already be struggling with undue pressure from lousy posture; for instance, then wrong lifting pushes its limits.
Practicing good posture at your desk and while driving goes a long way in negating back pain, coupled with keeping a healthy body weight. Book a consultation at Forever Well Chiropractic Whole Body Wellness Center to address back pain, including exploring serious interventions like surgery for extreme cases.
I am Daisy Bell and a pro-level blogger with years of experience in writing for multiple industries. I have extensive knowledge of Food, Fitness, Healthcare, business, fashion, and many other popular niches. I have post graduated in arts and have keen interest in traveling.