A BBA course is one of the best options to pursue post 12th grade. It’s a professional degree which helps you gain technical knowledge about the business world as well as managerial skills which will help you later on in your career.
We know you must have lots of questions regarding the BBA course, so let’s start off with the basics.
What is a BBA Course?
A BBA course is a 3 year undergraduate degree program that teaches you skills fit for the business world. BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration and it can even be a stepping stone to an MBA down the line.
Who should pursue a BBA Course?
- Students who want to start earning as soon as possible. The duration of a BBA degree is less than BTech and MBBS.
- Students who want to pursue an MBA later, as a BBA gives the perfect foundation for it.
- Students who want an affordable degree that gives a high return on investment.
The specific eligibility criteria varies on a college to college basis, but here is the general criteria used mostly-
- Students must have passed high school with minimum 50% aggregate marks (some relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates).
- Students can be from any stream.
Just like in MBA, you can choose a specialisation of your choice in a BBA course. This is done so that students can gain expertise in a field of their choice.
Some popular BBA specialisations are-
- BBA in Marketing
- BBA in Finance
- BBA in Sales
- BBA in Digital Marketing
- BBA in HR
- BBA in IT
- BBA in Banking
Salary after BBA Course
According to Payscale, a BBA professional in India earns an average salary of 4.59 LPA.
After completing BBA, you can work in almost any industry as business is a common function regardless of specialisation. Marketing, finance, sales, IT, banking, manufacturing and even the public sector all require BBA grads.
Job Opportunities & Scope after BBA
Some job profiles BBA grads can apply for and their corresponding responsibilities are-
- Sales Executive– Ensuring that the product sells in the market and customers take a liking to it.
- Data Analyst– Identifying patterns in data and converting it into a form that can be useful for planning strategies.
- Marketing Executive– Targeting specific audiences to market the product and creating a demand for it.
- HR Executive– In charge of hiring, organising events, company policies etc.
- R&D Executive– Researching and developing new products and bringing innovation to the table.
Top Colleges for BBA in India
Rayat Bahra University, Mohali
Rayat Bahra University is one of the best universities for BBA, not only in Punjab but also in North India. Located in the city of Mohali near Chandigarh, Rayat Bahra University, in collaboration with Sunstone Eduversity, is providing accountable, result-oriented education to BBA students.
It provides a 100% placement assurance and a Pay After Placement option, which coupled with the world class campus is too good of a package to pass up on.
Christ University, Bangalore
Situated in the city termed as the silicon valley of India, Christ University offers every facility possible to BBA students. Top MNC’s visit the college every year for placements, and the campus is fit with state-of-the-art infrastructure with a great ambience.
There is everything a student can possibly desire like- amazing sports grounds, rich library, tech-led classrooms to name a few.
Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore
You will surely not regret choosing this college for your BBA. Apart from living in the cleanest city in India, this college also offers a good placement record, a beautiful campus with a great vibe, sports, cultural facilities and more.
The faculty here is top class and the professors really customise teaching to suit the individual needs of students.