A wart can be defines as a small growth with rough textures that appear on various parts of the body. It resembles a solid blister and caused by the virus, human papillomavirus.
Warts are treatable at home
Warts removal medicines are available at pharmacies can be purchased without prescriptions. Applying the ointment according to the instructions provided at the back of the pack is enough to get rid of the problem. But it is important to understand that if you make any sort of mistake, it might lead to the growth of another wart. Moreover, some cancers even resemble warts.
When should you visit a dermatologist for warts?
- Genital or facial warts
- Warts that burn itch, hurt or bleed
- Poor immune system
- Diabetic patients should never remove warts on the foot area. It can lead to lasting damages to the nerves present in the feet.
- A suspicion that it may not be a normal wart
- Several warts
Home remedies for warts
Applying salicylic acid at home can treat warts. This medicine can be bought from pharmacies without a prescription. It is available in the form of liquid or gel. You need to apply it on warts regularly. Use warm water to soak the wart before applying the medicine to get effective and quick results.
Other at-home remedies
There are some specific home remedies for warts that are harmless yet effective like covering the affected area with duct tape. If you keep on changing the tape after the interval of every few days, it will peel away the wart layers.
Some people think that using hypnosis for folk remedies can get rid of warts. But usually, warts disappear without the need for any treatment. But, it is essential to consult a dermatologist in case of severe warts.
According to the famous dermatologist Dr.Navin Taneja, follow the below precautions to avoid warts from spreading further:
- Avoid touching someone’s warts
- Do not scratch or pick the warts
- Moisture enhances the growth of warts. You need to ensure that foot warts remain dry
- Wear a pair of pool shoes or flip flops in locker rooms, public showers, and pool areas
To consult about your prevailing warts problems, you can call and take appointment from Dr. Taneja!