Pain is an unpleasant sensation coming from the brain to the target tissue. Pain may be chronic or acute, based on the damage of the tissue. Pain in the lower back is a familiar unpleasant feeling among most young generations due to the wrong posture.
Manalapan Downtown pain management clinics help you combat pain to get your peaceful nights back and continue with your daily routines without facing any difficulties.
Classification of pain:
Acute pain comes instantaneously because of injury or inflammation, which can be treated. Acute pain is further classified into three groups based on the location as
- Somatic pain – The person feels an unpleasant feeling on the skin or the tissue under the skin.
- Visceral pain – Pain in the body’s internal organs.
- Referred pain – Feeling of pain other than the target tissue or organ which is generating the pain.
Chronic pain stays for life long and causes more severe damage to the body.
Some pain may not be curable, but there are specific methods by which we can cure the severity of pain, such as providing medication, acupuncture, and even surgery in some cases.
Evaluation of pain:
For evaluating the severity of pain, we can use the numerical scale from 0 to 10 in which
- 0 refers to No pain
- 1 to 3 is mention as mild pain
- 4 to 6 as moderate pain
- 7 to 10 as severe pain
Signs to checkout:
- Difficulty in sleeping – Patients suffering from pain cannot sleep properly and become irritable and make sounds because of the suffering.
- Sensation – The person observes tingling and numbness in the area where the pain is generating.
- Burning – People generally complain of burning sensation due to the inflammation which occurs by having unrecognizable pain for many weeks, which converts the pain from mild to severe.
- Stabbing pain – People suffering from pain can feel the rhythmic pulsation of the nerve unexpectedly and enormously.
- Weakness – Pain causes muscles to do less work as the people suffering from inflammation in the joint feel severe pain while moving their inflamed area.
- Medication – People can intake different medication based on the type of pain
- Radiofrequency ablation – A person can refer to RFA, in which the nerve which is taking the pain to the brain can be destroyed by the help of cathodes by passing heat and electrical effect.
- Acupuncture – A method in which a sharp needle is pricked on the marked spots can decrease the severity of pain, and a Person can feel relief.
- Surgery – If a person is suffering from a chronic herniated disc, the surgeon will do the discectomy and remove the vertebral disc, which is causing pain.
If you notice any of the above symptoms do contact a pain management specialist.